Thank you for always riding the Tokyo Metro with us. This year too, we have once again placed new mysteries around the city of Tokyo.
Or maybe "a first class journey" would describe it better.
One where you can experience the true allure of Tokyo that you have not yet noticed.
Just by solving puzzles, you'll surely reach to a Tokyo unknown to you.
Try to solve the mysteries and puzzles we have laid around Tokyo for you.
The easiest way to do this is, of course, to travel using the Tokyo Metro.
This is a puzzle-solving game played while walking through the streets of Tokyo.
To find your next destination, you will need to solve the mysteries you find along the way.
To clear the game, players need to use their "Tokyo Metro 24-Hour Ticket" and their game kit to crack the riddles and puzzles scattered around Tokyo.
Buy the game kit from Tokyo Metro pass office at Ueno station.
It will come with a Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket.
Solve the first puzzle on the game kit, and go to that location.
Follow the other hints and codes, look around Tokyo and solve all the mysteries.
Find the final answer to clear the game!
You can grab your game kit from the Tokyo Metro pass office at Ueno station. Game kits are sold every day from 7:40am to 8:00pm.
（On 1 and 2 January 2017, the Tokyo Metro pass office at Ueno Station will be open from 10:00am to 6:00pm only. ）
*To play the Japanese version, please visit this site for more info：http://realdgame.jp/chikanazo/
The game kit costs 2160yen, inclusive of tax.
(The game kit includes a Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket)
・The game will be held from 1 October 2016 to 31 January 2017. During this period, game kits can be bought and the game can be played at any time.
・The 24-hour Ticket will be valid for 24 hours from when it is first used.
・On the last day (31 January 2017), only the 24-hour Ticket can still be used into the next day, 1 February 2017. However, the game must be completed within 31 January 2017, and will not be accessible anymore on 1 February 2017.
・The game kit and the 24-hour Ticket cannot be bought separately.
・Refunds for the game kit and 24-hour Ticket can only be done at the designated stations that sell the game kits.
・A refund is only allowed if both the game kit and 24-Hour Ticket are brand new and have not been used yet.
・No pre-sales prior 1 October 2016 will be held.
・All game kits only come with 24-hour Tickets for adults. No child 24-hour Tickets are provided with the game kits.
1) The ANSWER box and the HINTS PAGE will require an internet connection to access. You can either use your mobile phones, tablets or computers to access the pages. (Please note that standard data usage charges may apply)
2) To pass through the ticket gates, a valid Tokyo Metro ticket will be necessary. You will not be allowed through the gates if you do not hold a valid Metro ticket, even if it's only for a short while. (Do note that all our tickets sold are for train rides. We do not sell tickets that are catered for the sole purpose of entering the train station.)
3) If you are using anything other than the provided Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket, do note that you will not be able to enter and then exit the gates of the same station when you use regular tickets, kaisuuken (multiple tickets), or IC cards. (Please get on a train and exit at another station should you enter the gates.)
4) When playing the game, please be careful while walking around within the station and on the train platforms. Please also be considerate towards other Tokyo Metro passengers - do not solve the puzzles at places that may inconvenience others.
5) The Tokyo Metro staff do not have hints to any of the puzzles.
6) We will not be able to re-issue any items found inside the game kit.
7) The contents of this game will remain the same throughout the entire event period. To ensure that other participants can also fully enjoy the game, please do not reveal, sell or give away any of the puzzles, answers or items through blogs, social media networks, the internet, etc.
8) A refund is only allowed if both the game kit and 24-hour Ticket are brand new and have not been used yet.
Q: Can non-Japanese speakers play the game?
A: An English version is available for this game so non-Japanese speakers who can understand English are welcome to play the game as well!
Q: Is there any time limit?
A: There is no time limit. You can even play the game over several days so please enjoy the game at your own pace! However, do note that the 24-Hour Ticket that comes with the game kit will only be valid for 24 hours from when you first use it. If you choose to play the game over several days, you will either have to buy another 24-Hour Ticket, or pay separately for the train fares.
Q: If I'm playing in a group, do I need to buy game kits for everyone in the group?
The game kit includes all the materials that are necessary for game play, as well as the Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket. Please get a game kit for everyone in your group.
Q: Will I require a mobile phone or an internet connection for the game?
A mobile phone is not necessary for the game, but an internet connection is. To check your final answer, you will need to submit it to the ANSWER box on the official website. You can do this by using any device (smart phones, tablets, laptops etc) to connect to the internet. Tokyo Metro offers free Wi-Fi at their stations. Refer to your puzzle guidebook on how to connect to the free Wi-Fi.
Q: Is there an age restriction?
There is no age restriction, but do note that the puzzles are set at a difficulty level more suitable for adults.
Also, do note that the game kits only come with 24-hour Tickets for adults.
Q: Can I get another game kit if I lose mine?
A: Apologies but we cannot give you another game kit in the event that you lose one. Please buy another game kit should you lose yours.
Q: I can't solve any of the puzzles! What should I do?
A hints page will be available when the game period begins to aid you with solving the puzzles.